Jun 16, 2014

Arrived In Sweden


Getting to Sweden isn't exactly what I'd call easy. My flight was scheduled for 5:40 am on Monday and I had a layover in New Jersey. From New Jersey, I had to take Scandanavian airlines to Copenhagen. Overall things were smooth with just a minor panic attack along the way to Denmark. I think it had just dawned on me that I was truly alone. I had yet to meet fellow abroad travelers and I was really nervous about the whole experience. However, I have no power to make a plane turn around.
So there I was, 20 year old me on my way to Europe. I can do this.
After a bus and train ride from Copenhagen, I arrived in Lund. Finally. 
It was 7:15 am and I was so extremely exhausted and I had no idea where I was supposed to go. Luckily taxis exist and the man took me to this really cute place where I was served some coffee and was granted wifi so I could finally reach my family. At this point of exhaustion and nerves I got emotional speaking to them. I didn't really know what to do, seeing that there was going to be lack of communication due to time differences and no cellular data to reach them. Crazy how we rely so much on technology. However, being the wonderful parents that they are, they convinced me to explore the town. And I'm glad I did.






Realizing I had yet to eat I decided to stop by a place on the corner of the street. This little cafe with a hidden terrace is called Mondo. It had this black and white Parisian themed with a view of the town that basically came out of a movie. 
I ordered a chai latte and a mozorella, avocado and pesto sandwich. The sandwich was technically a bagel, beautifully presented and had a thin layer of cream cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and arugula. 










Overall day 1 was quite an emotional roller coaster. I think for someone my age it's probably normal. That or I'm a big baby. Either way, I'm the baby that decided to go on an adventure and travel across the world to figure out a piece of life on my own. And so far I'm loving it.