Jul 2, 2014

I Eat Glass?

The Starbucks of Sweden is known as Espresso House. Not sure if anyone here would admit to it or not, but these shops are conveniently located everywhere. I'm not complaining at all though. I heated this bad boy of a muffin here and got an iced latte to accompany it on rainy Sunday morning and it was delicious. That being said, not a lot was done because Sunday is my rest day/homework day. As much fun as I am having here, I still have school which I am loving.

On Monday, Katelyn, Edyth and I decided to go for a little walk around town to see if we came across any souvenirs we would like to bring home. Can I just say that these little troll-like dolls are seriously the cutest things ever. If you've seen Frozen, then you'll know what I am talking about. I was waiting for them to pop out singing and throwing me into the air (potentially at Sven?)


Now, I'm a big fan of bright colors. Something about the pinks, lilacs, corals and mint blues make me happy. However, this flower didn't just draw me in, but the three of us saw it and snapped pictures. I couldn't capture how dark and beautiful it was. In contrast to the other flowers, this one stood out wonderfully.
Besides the fact that my nails are horribly unpainted, we stopped by for Glass. Glass in Swedish is ice cream in case some of you didn't know. I sure thought that glass simply meant glass and I never understood why there was a line outside the shops. Obviously I am very observant. Look mom & dad! I'm blending in already. I know one of the most important words out there clearly. Glass is delicious (insert me chuckling at myself cause I laugh at my own jokes).

I have to rep my Kappa sweatshirt all the way from Sweden. Sending love to all of my sisters who are both abroad and back home enjoying all of their adventures.



The answer is yes. Everywhere in Sweden looks like this. It's not just the certain monuments or cathedrals that have such beautiful architecture and display character, it's every little house, every little shop, and every cobblestoned sidewalk. Rain or shine, this place radiates. I can't explain it because no picture could compare to seeing it with your own eyes.