Jul 20, 2014

From the Island of Ven With Love.

Studying abroad in Sweden means having this amazing opportunity to take field trips with your classmates. Today was the Island of Ven. In order to get to Ven, we had to take a ferry from the nearby city and college students on a boat is equivalent to giddy children who want ice cream. Speaking of ice cream, we were recommended to grab some homemade ice cream on the harbor at Ven, which apparently they make fresh there. I forgot to take a picture of it, because I devoured it in basically 2 seconds. Oops!

Our first stop was our pit stop where the bus would leave us and pick us up. Seeing as we had time to spare, the group of us decided to walk around the city for a little while. I love the way Sweden looks. I have never seen anything like it before. 



And at last we made it! Look at how cute this place is!! When I get old and I'm retired, I'm going to live here. I'm gonna buy a small boat and name it Lily and basically sail the ocean and eat ice cream all day everyday. (A girl can dream right?)



Ven is known for having two observatories built by Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe, so naturally we took a tour to learn more about the history behind it. We were even able to go into the Stjerneborg, which is the underground observatory that plays a multimedia show. It was small, dark and claustrophobic if you ask me, but nonetheless quite the experience. 

Can you guess what it is? No its not a quiche...or a pizza. Its a pie.

This pie was cheesy chicken goodness that I was very excited to put into my belly. I think I've definitely gained a fair share of weight being here cause I just want to eat everything. It's ok though because unfortunately I can't stay here forever and I won't be able to get my hands on things like this back in the states. So I'll just eat away and live a happy life. 

(*Cough Cough)... my future house. 


Edyth and I like to take selfies apparently. Seeing as now that I'm looking back, we have plenty to share and laugh at. 

Ven was absolutely lovely and all of us had an amazing time. The group rode bikes throughout the island and we had the chance to learn about astronomy and eat the best ice cream I've had so far. The sun was out and the sky was blue, flawlessly Sweden. 
So From the Island of Ven with love, until next time.