Jul 25, 2014

I Took a Trip to Stockholm

Naomi, Jay, Dan, Nate, Kitty, Tinho, Edyth and I decided to go on a very last minute trip to Stockholm this past weekend. I mean, who goes to Sweden and does not visit its own capital?
Stockholm is a gorgeous place let me tell you. Now I can't say I like it more than Lund, because Lund has become my temporary home and I love the coziness of living there. However, it was great being able to see more of the city life style over there while being mischievous with all of my friends. 
Now for story time, cause whats an adventure without a story. Due to last minute planning, we all had to buy first class sleeper train tickets. Sounds fancy huh? You're thinking first class fanciness and no need to take the night train sleeping on chairs cause that would be uncomfortable. Instead we get beds and luxury right? Wrong...
Tinho and Nate were placed in different carriages and the rest of us were thankfully placed in carriage four. However, Edyth and I were assigned to sleep in separate rooms from the other four and with complete strangers. I had to make my way in this small, dark space with five random strangers. Not to mention it smelled so bad inside that I held my breath. Since Edyth had my ticket, we all met outside in the small hallway to check in our tickets. This gave us time to figure out how we could all be together in one room. With a bit of luck we managed to figure out a way where we could share bunks and be together. It all seemed too good to be true because it turns one of us tends to snore. By snore I mean loud. But in the aftermath of lack of sleep, there was laughter and I look back now and think about how funny that night was. 



Since we had arrived at 6 am, the streets were practically empty. This meant that our pictures weren't at risk of being photobombed by strangers at least!

I couldn't tell you what this piece is called or what it is supposed to resemble. I tried eavesdropping on a group tour nearby to see if I could hear what it was but I failed epically. All I know is that they through coins through the hole in hopes of making it into the water. So..naturally I did the same. I made a wish and through in my coin (which was 10x harder than I thought it would be). Three times the charm right?